Equipet Retail Ltd is committed to protecting our customer privacy and takes its responsibility regarding the security of customer information very seriously. We will be clear and transparent about the information that we collect and what we do with that information.
What personal data we collect
Equipet Retail Ltd collect the following types of data from our customers.
Personal Data means any information relating to you which allows us to identify you. It includes but is not limited to : your name, contact details, payment information and purchase details.
Our website is not aimed to attract children and our objective is not to collect personal information from children. Anyone under 18 should not use our website unless supervised by an adult.
How we collect this data
Equipet collects data through various sources during its day to day activities.
- Loyalty customers: customers have the option to join our in-store loyalty programme either in store or online. By joining the Equipet loyalty programme customers can avail of extra benefits & promotions. The information required to join the scheme is your name, address, contact number, email and type of pet. This information is collected in two ways:
- Customer details are taken at point of purchase at counters in store. Your details are taken by a member of staff and entered directly to our IT system. You will be asked at this point if you would like to receive marketing text messages or marketing emails. These details will be entered according to your preferences.
Customers can sign up for loyalty through the Equipet website. At this stage the customer can enter their name and contact details. There is then an option to opt in to marketing emails and text.
- Online Sales: We will always gather personal details at the checkout stage of an online sale. This is to allow us to process your order and dispatch it efficiently to you. We may use your personal data for marketing purposes for related products and services where the customer is clearly and distinctly given the opportunity to opt out at the checkout stage.
- Grooming Clients: when you book an appointment in one of our grooming salons, we will take your name, contact details and details about your pet including your pet’s name, age and any medical information that you deem necessary for us to carry out the services required.
- Email Signup: On our website you will have the option to join our mailing list. When you sign up to our mailing list you will be automatically added to our marketing email list.
How do we use your personal data
We use your personal data to provide goods and services to you and to help us provide you with the best possible customer shopping experience.
From time to time we will contact you with information regarding promotions and / or events taking place in Equipet stores or on the Equipet website. We will contact you with marketing promotions/event details, if you have opted in to receive these communications, or where you have bought a product or used a service in the last twelve months and you have not taken the opportunity to opt out”.
You will also be given every opportunity on every email or text that we send you to indicate you no longer wish to receive marketing material by that means.
We will use the information you give us to efficiently deliver the products / service you requested.
We may need to contact you to confirm a grooming appointment, if there has been a problem with your pet while he/she was being groomed or to notify you that your pet is ready to be collected.
We may use the data provided by you to help improve our products and services and enhance your shopping experience with us.
Equipet Retail Ltd will share your information in certain circumstances with external third party service providers so that we can provide you with a high quality, personalised and tailored service. We work with different companies so that they can help us provide the products and services you require from us or we think you might be interested in. These third parties include:
- Advertising companies, who help us place Equipet adverts online and on other media;
- Social media providers.
- Market research partners, who help us analyse customer behaviour;
- Companies that deploy our email and text messaging campaigns because they need to know your email address to carry out these services – such as but not limited to Mailchimp and Klaviyo.
- Companies that provide insights and analytics services so we can stock the right products, send the relevant marketing campaigns and understand our business and customers better;
- Third party vendors who help us manage and maintain the Equipet IT infrastructure;
- Logistics and delivery providers who enable us to deliver products you order on our websites;
- Where relevant, our professional advisors, such as lawyers and consultants;
- Security and fraud prevention companies to ensure the safety and security of our customers, colleagues and business;
- Companies who assess faults and repair products on our behalf;
- Companies who administer competitions for us so they run smoothly;
- Companies that enable us to collect your reviews and comments, both online and offline.
If you use the services provided by another company to interact with us, such as a virtual assistant or a social media platform, please be aware that your data is also subject to the privacy policies of these companies.
We may also share, your personal information in certain scenarios. For example:
- If we are in discussions with investors to the Equipet Retail Ltd business, we may share information about you but only so that they can evaluate the relevant business: or
- If we are discussing selling or transferring part or all of the Equipet Retail Ltd business, we may share information about you to prospective purchasers and their advisers - but only so they can evaluate the relevant business; or
- If we are required to by law, under any code of practice by which we are bound or where we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority;
- If we need to do so in order to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems and services.
- To acquirers or any prospective acquirers of our business or of an asset of our business. We reserve the right to transfer information (including your Personal Data) to a third party in the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, receivership or transfer of all or substantially all of the assets of our company provided that the third party agrees to adhere to the terms of our Privacy Statement and provided that the third party only uses your Personal Data for the purposes that you provided it to us. You will be notified by email (where possible) in the event of any such transfer and you will be afforded an opportunity to opt-out.
How long do we keep it
We will keep your personal data as long as is required to fulfill our obligations to you. After we have fulfilled our obligations, under Irish Law, we are required to keep transaction details for a further 6 years. After this period, your personal data will be deleted. Any personal data provided by you for marketing purposes will be kept by us until such time that you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
Security of Data and how we store your Data
Your data is stored on secure servers. No data transmission over the Internet can be 100% guaranteed. However, we take all reasonable steps to protect your data. A statement regarding our Technical and Organisational measures for the security of data is available upon request.
In the event of a Data Breach
If a breach occurs an assessment will be undertaken by the Data Compliance Officer to ascertain risk. Containment measures will be put in place where necessary. Notification to the supervisory authority and to the Data subject will be in line with legislation.
Your Data Protection Rights
Under GDPR you have the right to:
- Obtain details about how your data is processed by Equipet
- Obtain details of personal data held by Equipet
- Have any incorrect or incomplete data corrected
- Have your data erased where, for example, you deem Equipet has no legitimate reason for retaining your data
- Obtain your data and have that data transmitted to another organisation
- Object to the processing of your data in certain circumstances
- Not to be subject to automated decision making, including profiling.
Equipet have appointed a Data Compliance Officer to oversee compliance with this policy. You have the right to make a complaint at any time and this will be handled by the appointed person. You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Irish Data Protection Commissioner.
If you wish to submit a complaint at any time about how Equipet handle your personal data, then please contact our Data Compliance Officer on any of the details below. You can also request any of your data through the same details.
Equipet Data Compliance Office, Equipet Retail Ltd, Unit 12F, Duleek Business Park, Duleek, Co Meath.
You have the right to complain to the Data Protection Commissioner (DPC) in respect of any processing your data:
Post: Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co Laois. R32 AP23
Phone: 057 8684800 or 076 104800
Lo Call: 1890 252 231